Cowan Hardware Company is a family run business that has been serving Conyers and Rockdale County since 1973. The origins actually date back to the 1930's when Walter Granade opened a hardware store on Center Street in Conyers. In the 1940s, the store was purchased by Mr. C.E. Steele, who was joined several years later by a partner, Ed L. Cowan Sr.
Edward L. Cowan Jr. purchased the store from his father and Steele in 1973 and moved it to its present location on Green Street in 1977. Within four months after buying the business, Cowan affiliated with Ace Hardware Corporation. The south Rockdale store on Honey Creek Road was opened in the spring of 1989.
No reviews yet. Be the first to write a review!